Thursday, 29 November 2012

Minor Project - More Mudbox

I've been adding some more details into the limbs. Still a fair bit to do, hopefully should have it done by tomorrow. 

Minor Project - Lighting

While I was waiting to get a graphics tablet today, I set up some lighting. I do need to make/find a more suitable HDR image though.

Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Minor Project - Mudbox Detail

After a couple of bad starts this week I've finally started getting more of the details added. I've mostly been using the knife and the bulge tool as they seem to give me what I'm looking for.

Here's another test render with a skin shader just to check the detail is coming through ok.

Minor Project - Harry's UV's

Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Maya - Blend Shapes and Cluster Controls

Maya - Eye Dilate Rig

Here's the eye dilate rig. I put in a control for both eyes individually and also for both at the same time. The control for both has a set driven key to control each the indiviual eyes controls.

Friday, 23 November 2012

Minor Project - Mudbox

It took me a while, but the last couple of days (inbetween dissertation) I've been laying out the UV's and cleaning up the mesh for sculpting. Here's what I've got so far. The pictures shows a comparison of the sculpt and the Maya render with a displacement on a skin shader.

Saturday, 10 November 2012

Minor Project - Thoughts So Far

Something for me that has really changed on this project is the fact that I've spent much more time on the process at hand, an getting it right (hopefully). I've not tried rushing to the next stage of the pipeline; which I may have been slightly guilty of previously. I've learnt to have more patience, and it's been a much more enjoyable experience.

Thursday, 8 November 2012

Minor Project - More Updates

Ive got to work on the newest version of Harry to get the darker colours; it definitely looks scarier. I've also added some tentacles on the right on just to see if it works. It's Lovecraft and so many people have been saying tentacles.

Minor Project - Leg Revisions

I've been trying out new ideas for the legs as something wasn't quite right. In the first picture I've made them more crustacean like but Phil thought that I didn't need to go as fair as that so I stuck with just merging the feet better with the leg.

Minor Project - Additional Ideas

Phil mentioned a couple of things yesterday that I thought I'd try out. 1. He suggested that I merge the feet better with the leg which I've done in both there and it does look better. 2. He suggested making the skin black, (something like Dr Smith from the new 'Lost In Space' film), I've only managed to get a rough idea of this as it's not just a case of changing the hue of the image, it 'll need a total repaint.

Dr Smith from 'Lost In Space'

Friday, 2 November 2012

Minor Project - More refining

I've been slowly chipping away at this, adding details and refining. It's getting there but there's still some work to do.