Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Minor Project - Harry So Far

After another conversation with Alan I worked out there was a lot wrong with Harry; a lot of the curves had been lost in the process so I've put them back in and defined its features.

Minor Project - Lastest Ideas

I've worked on the hands and feet here. Also I've used the warp tool to alter the perpesctive to make it look larger and made it slightly wider.

Monday, 29 October 2012

Minor Project - Phallic Harry

Here's a quick redesign of Harry. I've tried to make him a little grosser.

EDIT: After speaking to Phil earlier I've chanced the colours to look less pink and put it on a darker background. On this one I've also softened the head to make it less phallic just go get a comparison. I will work on the feet tomorrow.

Thursday, 25 October 2012

Minor Project - Harry 3Q Spider Legs

Minor Project - More Leg Ideas

I've had the idea of spider legs instead of the previous idea. The first on I found the legs too long, the second are just wrong as it doesn't look like any weight is being applied so I came up with the third idea. This one definitely works the best.

Minor Project - More ideas

I've bben trying verious ideas for the extra legs, it's been eaiser to to in the side profile as the 3Q view is limiting the view of them.

Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Minor Project - New Harry Idea

Sam gave me the idea of trying to put a second pair of legs from where the shoulder are. I thought I'd try it. It does make it look more stable and he can now get both his arms off the ground; as he doesn't need them for support. I think it looks quiet interesting.

Minor Project - Harry Latest Concept

After speaking to Alan Ive taken all the best ideas from the previous sketches and put something together so that functions better. Hopefully I'm on the right track.

Thursday, 18 October 2012

Minor Project - Harry Ideas

Here are a few ideas I've put down for Harry, any feedback would be much appreciated.

Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Minor Project - Amphibian Harry

Minor Project - Crustation Harry

 Here I've taken a photo of the sculpt from both 3Q sides and photoshoped them together to give both arms and legs. On top of that I've gone on to paint over the top, this one is taking ideas from crustaceans.

Thursday, 11 October 2012

Minor Project - Harry Modelling

Here's today's progress, I've blocked out the left limbs and body. The center of gravity looks slightly off so I'll need to sort that out before it drys. 

Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Minor Project - Armature Progress

 I've blocked in the rib cage and the pelvis on the new armature. This one is a little smaller so it will be more difficult when putting in the details but it does feel more manageable overall.

Minor Project - Armature

I've made a new armature based on the slightly new design. This time the arms and head are removable.

Minor Project - Harry Anatomy

I've spent a little more time on getting the side profile right here, mainly concentrating on getting the bone and muscle structures for the legs and arms to look right. Because shoulder blades float on the rib cage they can really be anywhere on it. I've got 2 here in slightly different positions but I'm not sure which one looks more natural.

Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Minor Project - Progress

Today I've been trying to piece together some of the features of harry. For his head I was thinking that because his head dangles like a pendulum it could be almost snake like with a large mouth to catch his prey with the aid of his long arms. I've tried out some slightly different poses with elbows on the floor to keep his hands free.

Friday, 5 October 2012

Mudbox - Sculpting hair

One of the things we learn todat in mudbox was sculpting hair using layers and masks, here's mine.

Minor Project - Working Out The Logic

I've been talking to Alan about the world in which it comes from and trying to create a logic behind why 'Harry' has developed the way he has. I've come up with some ideas that I noted down on paper below.

Thursday, 4 October 2012

Minor Project - Harry Progress 02

Again some more tweaking to the model, but before I go any further I going to make some quick sketches using the photos as a template to see what it might potentially look like.

Minor Project - Harry Progress

I'm getting more of it fleshed out. It looks less like a chicken/turkey now but still a long way to go.

Minor Project - Sculpting Harry

I made the armature today and I am slowly filling in some of the mucsle, trying to work out how it would logically fit to make this creature work. It's kind of looking like a turkey at the moment but the will soon change.

Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Minor Project - Building Anatomy Research

Here's an interesting documentary that demonstrates how a dinosaur is build from just the bones. It's a pretty long documentary but there are a couple of useful bits in there.

Warm-up Sketches

As I hadn't put pencil to paper over the summer I thought it a good idea to do some warm-up sketches (right) and also I started to play around with the minor project character but these aren't coming out quite right yet. Tomorrow I will make an armature for the character and start to look at adding the muscle. Once that's completed I can sketch from the armature.

Minor Project - Muscle Structures

From the skeleton I've build I now need to look at building up the muscle structure for this creature. Usually the larger the bones the larger the muscle mass. Also as this character is quite top heavy it will most likely need strong limbs and a good foot size to take its weight.

Minor Project - Hziulquoigmnzhah Skeleton

Here I pieced together from bones how the skeleton could fit together. It keeps within the description and also has the ability to function.